Support, information and guidance to help you through your journey.
At Carebase we understand the challenges many families face when supporting a loved one with dementia and are here to help you every step of the way.
We would like to welcome you to attend our event that takes place across our homes which we hope will address the concerns you are facing. Leading social care consultant and trainer, Tim Dallinger has a wealth of experience spanning 28 years in providing information and support in the area of dementia care.
Tim will run three seminars, as well as one to one sessions throughout the day.
Who is this event for?
- Anyone who is interested in learning more about dementia
- People who are worried about dementia and want to find out more
- People who have a relative or friend with dementia and want to be able to understand how to better support them
- Health and social care professionals who wish to refresh or update their knowledge
When is it?
10am – 11.30am
2pm – 3.30pm
6pm – 7.30pm
One to one appointments throughout the day from 9am – 6pm
The seminars will cover:
- What is dementia, definitions plus some fascinating facts and figures
- Common types of dementia, signs, symptoms, prognosis and progression
- Supporting people who have dementia
- Coping with memory loss
- Managing behaviour which challenges us
- Recognising our own feelings about dementia and some techniques to manage these whether as a professional, relative, friend or as an individual
Dates of the next sessions at our homes are as follows:
Thursday 11th February – Bramley Court Care Home
Tuesday 1st March – The Spinney Care Home
Thursday 3rd March – Ashbrook Court Care Home
Saturday 5th March – Alderwood Care Home
Tuesday 8th March – Bridge House Care Home
Tuesday 15th March – Brooklands Care Home
Please call 0208 879 6550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book a session.