This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Carebase uses your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us by emailing: email@example.com.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back to our website and check it whenever you wish or request a copy from Reception.
2. Explaining the legal bases we rely on
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box on our website to receive more information about our
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you choose to receive care in our home, you will be required to give personal data as part of your contract with us.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Acorn Court Care Home to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example: As you have indicated an interest in our care home and have provided your personal data, we will use your personal data to send you information about our home that we think might interest you by post or email.
3. When do we collect your data
- When you call or visit our home to make an enquiry about our service and request information about our home
- When you complete a job application
- When you visit our website and complete our ‘request information’ form or our ‘make a care enquiry’ form
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you sign a contract with us to provide care services at our home
- When we complete a care plan as part of our contractual obligation in providing our care service to you
- When you contact us by any means either by post, telephone, email or social media
- When you enter prize draws or competitions on social media
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event, for example our family information events, like Understanding Dementia or our celebratory community events
- When you choose to complete any surveys, we send you
- When you comment on or review our services
- When you attend an event in our home we may record your image as part of photography taken at the event
- If we operate CCTV systems for the security of both residents and visitors. These systems may record your image during your visit
- When you use our website, the personal data provided by you and collected by us is processed by our web hosting and service provider:
Hetzner Online GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0)9831 505-0
Fax: +49 (0)9831 505-3
4. What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Any information we require to be gathered when you enter into a contract with us to provide care services at our home.
- If you have made a request for information about our home on our website we collect the following standard personal data: your full name, email address and telephone number. These are mandatory fields we require you to complete so we are able to fulfill your request. We also enable you to provide us with further information about your enquiry if you so wish, however this is not mandatory. By filling in the request for information form or the make a care enquiry form with your personal data, you authorise our website to use these details to respond to your request.
- If you complete a job application for a role at our home on our website we will collect the following standard personal data: your full name, email address and telephone number. These are mandatory fields we require you to complete so we are able to fulfil your request. We also enable you to provide us with further information if you so wish, however this is not mandatory. By filling in the request for information form or the make a care enquiry form with your personal data, you authorise our website to use these details to respond to your request.
- We use tag management on our website which is a service provided by Google that allows us to manage the tags and scripts needed on this website in a centralised fashion. This results in your data flowing through these services, potentially resulting in the retention of data. We use Google Tag Manager which is a tag management service provided by Google LLC, which is processed in the United States. It collects cookies from your web browser and usage data (for example which site you came from to ours).
- Our website allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of our website and interact with them. For example, you access Vimeo if you wish to watch our videos which are hosted on Vimeo. They might collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed. Vimeo LLC collects cookies and usage data which is processed in the United States.
- We use the Google Maps widget on our website. This is a map visulisation service provided by Google Inc. and collects cookies and usage data which is processed in the United States.
- Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
- For purposes of operation and maintenance, our website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with the website system (system logs) and use other personal data, such as an IP address for this purpose.
Details about our cookies
We may set and access cookies on your computer. A ‘cookie’ is a small text file which browsers store on your computer or device to aid your browsing experience. Our ‘cookie’ stores some basic information that for example helps us to identify if you have visited the site before. However, as it is based on your computer/device, we will not find the ‘cookie’ if you visit our site from a different computer/device. No information which can be used to identify you personally or your computer/device is stored in the cookie or can be accessed using it. Please see below for a list of the cookies we use along with their purpose.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
|COOKIE NAME||PROVIDER||TYPE||EXPIRY||PURPOSE||DATA IS SENT TO|
|_dc_gtm_UA-#||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Used by Google Tag Manager to control the loading of a Google Analytics script tag.||United States|
|_ga||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||2 years||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.||United States|
|_gid||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the web site.||United States|
|_wpss_h_||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Used for spam protection. Click here for more information.||Germany|
|_wpss_p_||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Used for spam protection. Click here for more information.||Germany|
|JCS_INENREF||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Used for spam protection. Click here for more information.||Germany|
|JCS_INENTIM||carebase.org.uk||HTTP||Session||Used for spam protection. Click here for more information.||Germany|
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|COOKIE NAME||PROVIDER||TYPE||EXPIRY||PURPOSE||DATA IS SENT TO|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Pixel||Session||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.||United States|
|r/collect||doubleclick.net||Pixel||Session||Collects data to measure efficiency of viewed or clicked ads and shows targeted ads||United States|
5. How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience and the highest levels of quality care provision in our home. We will use your personal data to send you information about our home that may be of interest to you.
As part of our contractual obligation to provide 24-hour care in our home it requires us to hold personal data for purposes of care planning and delivery.
We will use your data to send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our service. We have a legitimate interest to do so as our regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), as part of our registration requires us to solicit the views of those we provide care to for the purpose of service improvement and compliance.
We will use your data to send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. These services messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or post. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
However, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services or information you’ve asked for.
6. How we protect your personal data
- We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We regularly monitor our systems to ensure we identify ways to further strengthen security.
7. How long will we keep your personal data
- Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- For the purposes of compliance with our regulator the Care Quality Commission (CQC) it is necessary to keep your data for three years.
- As required by HMRC we may deem it necessary to hold your personal data for seven years and for insurance purposes for up to four years.
Children regularly visit our care home, whether as relatives of our residents or as visitors from the local community and on occasions we will record their image as part of photography of an event or initiative. This will only be done with prior consent from a parent or guardian in advance of any event.
9. Who do we share your personal data with
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, our mailing and distribution centre, regulatory bodies and health and social care professionals.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
10. What are your rights over your personal data
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end.
- That we stop using your personal data to send you information about our care services and home.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Carebase holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer, Carebase, 3rd Floor The Courtyard, Francis Grove, London, SW19 4DW or email: email@example.com.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data to send you information about our home and the services we provide. We must always comply with your request.
11. How can you stop the use of your personal data for marketing
Write to the Head of Marketing, Carebase, 3rd Floor the Courtyard, Francis Grove, London, SW19 4DW or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
12. Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
13. Any questions?
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
- Email us at DPO@Carebase.org.uk
- Call us on: 020 8879 6550
- Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Carebase, 3rd Floor, The Courtyard, Francis Grove, London, SW19 4DW.
This notice was last updated on 24/05/2018