Carebase recently undertook an in-depth care survey that revealed that 95% of families would recommend Carebase to others and 100% of residents said they were treated with respect.
The impressive results are seen as a huge stamp of approval from residents and their families.
With many negative stories in the media in recent times relating to care homes and their care, Carebase took the initiative to carry out the survey, which was similar to a recently introduced Ipsos MORI survey, which proved residents’ opinions of care homes are extremely positive.
The Carebase independent survey coincided with the Your Care Rating Survey (by Ipsos MORI). The aim was to gain a better understanding of whether the residents’ needs were being met whilst identifying areas for improvement. It was also a way to give the residents’ families the opportunity to feed back on their experience of life at each of our care homes.
The results reveal that Carebase’s ethos of care and compassion positively impacts on the wellbeing of residents.
The survey highlights:
- 99% family members found staff competent and caring
- 98% family members are confident that the home is safe and secure
- 97% family members found staff to be welcoming and informative
- 98% residents felt able to easily communicate with staff
- 98% residents said they were able to personalise their room to make it feel like home
- 97% residents said staff listened and acted on what they said
- 93% felt supported in maintaining links with the local community, friends and family
- 93% said staff offered to help enjoy and manage meals
We welcome the results of the survey and are committed to striving to achieve even better results, whilst continuing to listen to our residents, families and staff to offer the best quality person-centred care.