Work for Us
We are always on the look out for individuals who have a natural talent in caring for others. Our employees come from all walks of life, and if we find a candidate that embraces our values, we will equip them with all the training they need.
We are a caring employer and are committed to developing, nurturing and rewarding our people. Testament to this is being awarded Care Employer of the Year 2010. If you would like to become a member of the Carebase family, please get in touch. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0844 332 0599.
Registered Nurse - Day and Night, Abingdon, £37,000
An exciting opportunity to join an exquisite and uniquely styled care home in the heart of Abingdon, Oxfordshire and be part of a team that provides high quality residential, nursing and dementia care in a luxurious but homely environment.
Reports to – Home Manager
Job purpose – To assess, plan, deliver and evaluate a high personalised standard of residential care which meets the individual needs of residents and the high standards expected at Carebase. To ensure that at all times residents are treated with respect and dignity and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met. To ensure that the company’s mission statement and core values are carried through all aspects of patient care.
- To be responsible for the total care of all residents within the home.
- To formulate, implement and regularly maintain nursing care plans, providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, following individual care plans carefully and ensuring that all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- To understand and comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant such as Health& Safety, COSHH, all aspects of the Care Standards Act and ensure that the correct accident and incident reporting procedures are followed to maintain a safe environment throughout the home.
- To provide and supervise the delivery of nursing care, acting as a resource for all the caring team, identifying any training and development needs, assisting colleagues to their maximum and assist in training programmes.
- To ensure highest levels of personal hygiene and infection control measures are always adhered to.
- To maintain and keep accurate nursing records, by liaising with residents, relatives and staff to ensure care planning is timely undertaken, implemented and evaluated, to participate in resident care reviews with residents, relatives and social workers as arranged and to ensure support groups for residents, friends and relatives are maintained.
- To dispense and administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records in line with current legislative guidelines.
- To carry out effective stock control and ordering of resident’s prescribed medication and medical products for the Home in line with current legislative guidelines.
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times, this includes resident’s behaviour and actions and any incidents that may occur in the course of day to day care.
- To be an active and encouraging member of the care team, contributing to team meetings and resident review meetings, ensuring good communication and assisting in the induction and training of newly appointed members of the care team, ensuring Carebase Homes are friendly, supportive caring environments.
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of all annual leave, sickness, complaints, accidents mishaps and Daily Census to the Manager. Carrying out all procedures laid down according to Company Policy. Job Context
- This is a team role working as an integral part of the caring team. There is also a supervisory and supportive element within the role, providing guidance and acting as a resource for the caring team. Close liaison with external professionals, Residents and relatives is also a large part of the role therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Key Challenges
- To provide a high standard of nursing care alongside the caring team whilst ensuring that the Carebase values of trust, respect and care are always maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves. Core Values
- Care and compassion.
- Respect and appreciation.
- Teamwork and enjoyment.
- Focus and best practice.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Recognition and reward.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Development and investment.
- We will sustainably fulfil our mission and vision by building a strong financial platform.
• The Registered Nurse has a professional duty to be knowledgeable and keep up to date in all professional areas of work affecting the health and well-being of the Residents and staff.
• Personal Accountability for own Training and Development needs as required.
• Person specification.
• Registered Nurse with current UKCC registration.
• Experience in care of the elderly.
• Practice knowledge of care planning.
• Professional, understanding, and patient with a warm personality.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates a caring disposition towards others.
• Reliable and punctual.
• Team player, willing to train and develop colleagues.
Salary: £37,000.00 /year
•Nursing: 1 year
Care Assistant, Guildford, Surrey, £competitive
We are looking for a kind, caring and warm individual to join our team at our specialist dementia care home.
• To ensure that the company's mission statement, key values, & organisational business plan are carried out through all aspects of patient care.
• To assist the Senior Person on duty in all aspects of delivering care to all service users.
• To ensure all residents are cared for with respect, dignity and in a way which promotes independence.
• To participate in the efficient routine at the home and provide the highest possible standard of professional, personal & social care.
• To ensure that the physical décor and tidiness of the home is maintained at the highest level.
• To maintain an awareness of expected responsibility, team work, commitment and dependability.
Carebase's Core Values:
• Care & compassion
• Respect & appreciation
• Teamwork & enjoyment
• Focus and discipline
• Creativity and innovation
• Honesty and integrity
The work of Care Staff involves a great deal of personal contact with residents & visitors. As a carer you must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times. Be trustworthy, friendly, amenable & approachable, helpful, considerate and appreciate other people's views; be respectful and capable of constructive thinking.
If you are looking to move and want a career in Care then this could be the role for you. Apply today!